2010年12月12日星期日

Her goal is to bring omega Seamaster Aqua Terra watches attention to the endangered albatross bird

Courtesy of NASAHayley Shephard will attempt the first ever solo sea kayak expedition around South Georgia Island. Her goal is to bring omega Seamaster Aqua Terra watches attention to the endangered albatross bird. She will set out on February 3, facing extreme cold, frigid waters, and unpredictable weather. The expedition will take about five weeks for a length of about 500 nautical miles. Shephard was the first woman to sea kayak solo around Vancouver Island in 1999 and around the Queen Charlotte Islands in 2005.Aileen Torres

I was a little disappointed when Wavemaster America’s CEO, Steven Moser, told me that the Waterman stand up paddleboard (at left, red board on right) I was picking up from his house in Palos Verdes, California, was not designed for surfing steep or sizable waves. “Other people do that very well,” Moser told me. What Moser did omega Seamaster Aqua Terra Chronometer watches promise, and the Waterman delivered, was comfort on long paddles as well as great versatility. The second time I used this board I paddled for over three hours. As I reached each new visual marker along the Malibu coastline I decided I was comfortable enough to proceed to the next rock outcropping, absurdly decadent house, or pier.

By the time I reached Paradise Cove, a spot two hours farther than I planned to paddle, I laid down on the board for a few minutes to pump myself up for the hour and a half of paddling separating my truck and me. This board omega Seamaster Aqua Terra Railmaster watches is shockingly light for being 12 feet long, 24 inches wide, with thick rails for stability. Wavemaster achieved this lightness by using a proprietary vacuum bagging process in which Australian hardwood is wrapped thinly around the entire board and then vacuum bagged.